Monday, July 20, 2009

Sigh...

Tyler is at work. I'm missing him. Big time. We had such a great week. Last night when we were driving home from Bradford I told Tyler that I really appreciate what a great dad he is. He is an active participant in raising our children. It is not my job alone. He is happy to feed them, bathe them, read them bed time stories, AND he will even take Madeline to the potty IN PUBLIC. That is a big one in my book. When I got to thinking about it, all of the dads in our group of friends are that way. None of them think it is emasculating to jump in and "get their hands dirty" -sometimes quite literally when you have one in diapers and one still potty training!

Friday we did NOTHING. It was great. Friday night Tyler and I went to dinner with some of his friends from White County. I had a fruity cocktail. One. I'm a wild woman. Saturday morning we got up and got ready to go to the kiddie carnival at Burns Park. Madeline and I ran out to Old Navy before we went. I love getting away with her sometimes. She is so smart and funny. We just talked all the way there and back. About everything. Girl time is precious these days. We got to have dinner and play with friends Saturday night and Sunday we went to Bradford. Madeline is there now having a wonderful time I'm sure. It is so weird not having her here. She's my buddy. She IS my day, you know? But, I took a week off from my work too so I have A LOT of cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning to do.

I love our family time. There is nothing I love any more than that. Having a week with all three of the three most important people in my life was special. Here are the pictures that wrap up the week...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers