Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Just an hour

Little Madeline, 2.5 mos.


Madeline, 4.5 mos.

Madeline 3.5 mos.

Madeline 3.5 mos.

I LOVE my children. I do. But, whew, one hour away makes a world of difference. Tonight I went and got my toes done. Highlighter pink. I've never had toes this bright before.
Makes me feel peppy.

Madeline has been throwing BIG fits for 2 days now. I was D.O.N.E. When I came back it was time for her to get in bed for story time but she started screaming when I told her we needed to go to her room. Really screaming. The loudest shrillest longest screams you have ever heard. Like a wild woman. Like there is seriously something wrong with her. Like a Nanny 911 screaming kid screams. Had I not gotten my toes done I would have melted. I would have lost my cool and screamed back. I didn't (insert pat on back here). I told her to go and sit in time out until she calmed down. It worked. I went to her room to get everything ready for bed time and by the time I had her covers turned back she was picking out stories and crawling into bed. I wished I had videotaped her tantrum. Mom and Dad are always telling me about the fits I threw. I don't believe them.

Even though there have been big fits we have had a fun couple of days- pool, smoke bombs, bubbles, finger paints, bean pictures, and snakes (fireworks snakes). She loved the smoke bombs today. She sat in my lap and we burned up the whole package in a matter of minutes. She didn't like it when the smoke came at us though. She said, "Oooh Mommy, that smells stankay!" I love the way she says stinky. I've never told her anything was stanky so it is just her made up way of saying it. Like amn't (am not) and fingermails. See, all I needed was an hour away and now I can sit here and laugh about the good instead of cry over the bad- 'cause man, it was BAD!

Madeline 4 mos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers