Tyler was off was off work on Friday. He and Madeline played outside all morning- in the sprinkler, on her bike, and "sidewalk hot chalk" (sidewalk chalk- I have no idea where the hot came in but I think it is precious). I worked that afternoon and when I came home we loaded up the kids and went to the lake. It was about an hour away and I was afraid that they would get cranky but they never did. We had the MOST wonderful afternoon. Madeline loved playing at the "beach" in the sand and swimming. She likes to wear a swim ring this summer and while we were out floating she would wrap her arms around my neck and sing made up songs about how much she loved her mommy and swimming. Tucker didn't nap from 2 until 8 that evening when we started home. He never cried the whole afternoon. He laid on our blanket smiling and kicking. He loved it every time the wind would blow. He'd huff and puff and kick his little feet so hard.
Saturday we went over to Mom and Dad's in the evening and watched the Fourth Parade. Dad made hamburgers and hot dogs and we watched the fireworks. This was the first year that Madeline watched them but I let it slip to her that I had fireworks for her to do so once she knew that she really had no interest in sitting still for the City display. We went out front to light sparklers and she loved it! She got to hold hers and she did really well. I have some smoke bombs and snakes for us to play with today. I have never cared about shooting off big fireworks- I've always loved snakes, smoke bombs and sparklers the best. I'm cool, I know.
I love my kids. I love my life. It was a great weekend (and it's not over- we're going to see my wonderful in-laws today who I really LOVE and always have a great time with). OH! AND...I've gotten at least 6 continuous hours of sleep for the last 3 NIGHTS!!!
6 hours!! no fair
ReplyDeleteglad you guys had some great quality time. i love and miss you guys :)
ReplyDelete