Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Catching up...

It has been so long since I have posted on the blog on any kind of consistent basis so I wanted to post some pictures and play catch up...

The first pictures are from my first 5k. It was the Women Can Run graduation. We worked really hard for 10 weeks to build up to being able to run a full 5k. My running buddies are Ruth and Heather. We did it! We ran the entire time and it was such a proud moment for all of us!



My sweet friends Rebekah and Brandy surprised me at the finish line- of course I cried! It was so touching!



And of course my biggest supporter and best friend was there. He was so sweet and proud of my accomplishment! The race was May 8, 2010. Since then I have run another 5k and an 8k benefiting St. Jude. Last night I signed up to race in the Memphis Marathon. I will be running the half. Everything I read says to set small goals and make your goals public so that others will hold you accountable. Well, this is as public as I get so everybody hold me to it! I've already paid my registration fee so I know my husband will hold me to it!




Here are a couple of pictures from our community "Family Fest." A yearly event that hosts bands, amusement rides, games and foot longs! Madeline ate the hole thing! makes my stomach hurt to think about it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers