Monday, June 8, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y


I am so tired I feel nauseous but since no one is napping today I might as well update the blog...

These are just a couple of gems from a pretty fun weekend.

Madeline and I went to JC Penny's Saturday morning. We were in the dressing room and she started acting up. She had been determined to ride in the baby seat of a shopping cart earlier that had dried spit up running down the side of it. When we were in the dressing room she started LICKING her fingers and hands! Why you ask? Well, I would have wondered the same thing had I not already witnessed her make "spit pictures" on the mirrors in my bathroom. She was going to make a spit picture on the mirror at JC Penny. I kept telling her to stop, that that was nasty but she kept right on licking so she got in trouble. She started screaming and crying LOUDLY and I knew what it was like to be the Mom in a store that other people give dirty looks to.

Okay, that part wasn't fun but here are the fun highlights...

Friday night Tyler and I went to see the Travelers in a private box at Dickey Stephens. It was so much fun and we got to spend some time with all of his great city hall co-workers and friends. That's the way to go! You get a staff person who comes to check on you and bring you your baseball park heart's desire AND you can stay in the air conditioning or go out and watch the game. It was really nice. I missed Tucker though and wished we had our kids with us.

Saturday evening Madeline had her first "beach party" (she called it that). I had gone to the grocery store while she was asleep and when I got back she and her Dad were on the back porch. She was in her bathing suit and when she saw me she asked "if her guests were here yet." It was so sweet. Chloe and Mary Claire came over to swim in her blow up pool and play in the back yard. They had such a great time and were all 3 covered in dirt and grass and probably some Akita hair too (sorry about the shedding dog)! After the "guests" had left Madeline said "That was the greatest beach party EVER!"

Sunday we went to the Traveler's game (our second of the weekend) with some of Tyler's White County buddies and this time we DID take the kids. We were sitting in the parking lot before going in so I could feed Tucker and Madeline started singing in the back seat. At first I couldn't make out what she was saying but then I realized it was the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" theme. You know...M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E. Now, before I tell you how she interpreted the song let me tell you that a few days ago Tyler said that he would like to be able to remember what it was like to not be able to read. What the world is like when you can't read signs and labels etc... So, this is what Madeline was singing,"Mmm I see teddy why, how 'bout you ask me." Now sing that to the Mickey Mouse theme and you too can know what it is like to not be able to read- letters spelling something to not make any sense. Pretty funny.

When it was time to go in we had a small battle over what shoes to wear. Picking my battles I decided to let this one go- she got to wear her flip flops that I KNEW would hurt her feet. She started putting them on and said, "Fashion models have to be able to walk in anything." I have NO idea where she heard this or why she said it but it was hilarious.

Okay, gotta go. Madeline finally went to sleep and, of course, Tucker is awake now.

2 comments:

  1. i love that. i love the "how bout you ask me". she is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!

    it let me comment!!!!!

    okay, well, if it works again...then happy birthday to my bestest friend allie!

    ReplyDelete

Followers