
Tucker will be one month old tomorrow. He has gained 2 lbs, is a great baby, and a wonderful addition to our family.
Right now he is sleeping in his crib for the first time while Madeline and her Daddy watch the end of some golf tournament and I am sitting in the kitchen enjoying the lingering smell of turkey bacon.
Tyler made me breakfast in bed this morning. Tyler does not cook. He managed to make the most beautiful fluffy scrambled eggs, perfectly cooked turkey bacon (I always burn bacon), and a bagel. He even made my coffee (with a little guidance). And it does not end there...before I had even finished my breakfast I heard the most beautiful sound a new mother can hear...the sound of clean dishes being put away! AND THERE IS MORE!!!! I walked through the kitchen and witnessed him putting away the dishes and then walked back through to find him VACUUMING! I have no idea why, or how, or what made him do all of this but I am grateful...wow, right?!
We were watching Caillou the other day and Caillou's Daddy just gathered up his supplies, went outside on his own, and started cleaning the front windows on their house. I told Tyler that Caillou's Daddy must have done something to make Caillou's Mommy very angry to be going out on his own and cleaning windows without there being any nagging or yelling forcing him out the door. I hope Caillou's Mommy felt as special as I feel today.*
* Caillou is a fictional cartoon character that we LOVE. I even find myself channel surfing after Madeline has gone to bed and stopping on Caillou to tune in to it and then I realize that my child is asleep and it would be weird to watch cartoons without her.
Here are some recent pictures of Tucker. I have decided that he looks just like Jiminy Cricket. What do you think?
Right now he is sleeping in his crib for the first time while Madeline and her Daddy watch the end of some golf tournament and I am sitting in the kitchen enjoying the lingering smell of turkey bacon.
Tyler made me breakfast in bed this morning. Tyler does not cook. He managed to make the most beautiful fluffy scrambled eggs, perfectly cooked turkey bacon (I always burn bacon), and a bagel. He even made my coffee (with a little guidance). And it does not end there...before I had even finished my breakfast I heard the most beautiful sound a new mother can hear...the sound of clean dishes being put away! AND THERE IS MORE!!!! I walked through the kitchen and witnessed him putting away the dishes and then walked back through to find him VACUUMING! I have no idea why, or how, or what made him do all of this but I am grateful...wow, right?!
We were watching Caillou the other day and Caillou's Daddy just gathered up his supplies, went outside on his own, and started cleaning the front windows on their house. I told Tyler that Caillou's Daddy must have done something to make Caillou's Mommy very angry to be going out on his own and cleaning windows without there being any nagging or yelling forcing him out the door. I hope Caillou's Mommy felt as special as I feel today.*
* Caillou is a fictional cartoon character that we LOVE. I even find myself channel surfing after Madeline has gone to bed and stopping on Caillou to tune in to it and then I realize that my child is asleep and it would be weird to watch cartoons without her.
Here are some recent pictures of Tucker. I have decided that he looks just like Jiminy Cricket. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment